2. About Us
21122 Erwin Street
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
3. Information We Collect
- Personal Information -- Your "Personal Information" is information that identifies you, either directly or indirectly. It may include your name, company name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, Social Security number, Interested Party Information ("IPI"), and other information you provide that could be used to identify you. In order to access certain information and features contained on the Site, we may require you to register for a particular type of account or provide additional types of information--for example, to tell us whether you are a music owner or a music user. When we combine such information with other Personal Information you have provided, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information, as well. When you provide Personal Information, you are also consenting to our processing it for the purposes described on the page where you enter the information.
- Usage Information -- "Usage Information" is information that describes how you access and use the Site. Usage Information may tell us how many times you visit the site or log in to your account. It may also include your search history, preferences, or browser or device type. Your Usage Information may also include the IP address of the device you've used to contact the Site, when we are permitted or required by law to collect this information. In many cases, Usage Information is anonymized, or rendered anonymous when it is combined with other people's Usage Information--for example, so we may track how many people are using the Site. Although Usage Information doesn't necessarily identify you, when we combine this information with information that does identify you, we treat it as Personal Information.
4. How We Collect Your Information
We collect Personal Information you provide while visiting the Site, such as when you click "Sign Up," fill in forms such as those headed "Tell Us Some More . . ." and "Create Account," or click a link to request information from Music Reports. We collect Usage Information through a number of automated technologies while you're interacting with the site. Some of these technologies may not be evident, and they may be in use even if you have not registered an account. They include cookies, tags, web beacons, and application program interfaces ("APIs"). We use these technologies for several purposes, including:
- Simplifying your experience on the Site;
- Making it easier and faster for you to log in or navigate the Site on future visits;
- Monitoring the operation of our site to make sure it works efficiently and smoothly;
- Analyzing how the Site is used so we know which parts are especially popular or heavily visited.
5. How We Use Your Information
How we use your information depends on which parts of our Site and of the Related Services you visit, whether you become a Registered User, and whether you elect to receive specific services or information. In addition to the purposes described in Section 4, we may use your Personal and Usage Information for the following reasons:
- To allow you to complete the account registration process;
- To authorize your access to portions of the Site that provide services you have selected;
- To help you locate information in our databases;
- To provide customer service, respond to inquiries and complaints, and to resolve service issues; and
- So we may recommend new or different services to you.
If you are a Registered User, we may use your Personal Information for specific purposes described during the registration process or when you "opt in" to certain services or offers on the Site or in the Related Services--for example, to claim ownership, co-ownership, or control of music. We may also process your Personal Information, on our clients' behalf, so we may issue royalty statements and payments our clients are legally obligated to provide under their licenses with you.
We will not share Personal Information you provide on this Site with third parties, except in limited circumstances, such as:
- We may provide Personal Information, such as your name and address, to our mailing service vendor if you have requested that we send you information through the mail.
- We may share your Personal Information with third parties in connection with the proposed or actual sale of all or part of our business, to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use, or to ensure the safety and security of our systems.
- We may provide your Personal Information to government authorities or other third parties (including, without limitation, our financial auditors or outside counsel) in order to comply with audit requirements or unclaimed property regulations, protect our rights and property (or those of third parties), prevent fraud or criminal activity, or comply with legal process, or because we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by law.
6. Your Controls and Choices
This Site and the Related Services are intended solely for business-to-business use. In keeping with the Terms and Conditions of Use, all users of this Site agree that they are at least 16 years old, and we do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and have registered with this Site or any of the Related Services, you may request and obtain removal of content or Personal Information you have submitted to us by writing to us at the address in Section 2 above. However, California law requires us to notify you that such a request does not ensure the complete removal of your Personal Information.
Protecting the security of your personal information is very important to us. Your online account information is protected by a password assigned and sent to you by us. Access to that online account requires your username and password. We recommend that you do not disclose your username and password to any other person. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Whenever your information is transmitted from our servers, it is also is protected by industry standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. California residents: In the unlikely event our data security is breached, we will, without unreasonable delay, disclose the breach to residents of California whose personal information was, or is reasonably believed to have been, acquired by an unauthorized person, subject to the needs of law enforcement.
© 2018 Music Reports, Inc. All rights reserved.