2. About Us
3. Information We Collect
- a. Personal Information -- Your "Personal Information" is information that identifies you, either directly or indirectly. It may include your name, company name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, Social Security number, as well as other information you provide that could be used to identify you. In order to access certain information and features contained on the Site, we may require you to register for a particular type of account or provide additional types of information--for example, to tell us whether you are a music owner or a music user. When we combine Personal Information with other information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information, as well. When you provide Personal Information, you are also consenting to our processing it for the purposes disclosed on the portion of the site where you enter the information.
In the past 12 months we have collected the following categories of Personal Information about Site users:
- Identifiers, which may include, without limitation, IP addresses where we are permitted or required by law to collect them;
- Commercial information;
- Internet/electronic activity;
- Professional information; and
- Usage Information (as described below)
4. How We Collect Your Information
In the past 12 months we have collected personal information about consumers from the following categories of sources:
- Consumers themselves;
- Third parties; and
- Observing Site usersâ€™ behavior.
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Music Reports does not respond to DNT signals at this time. In addition, as Music Reports does not sell personal information, we do not currently honor Global Privacy Control (GPC) as a method for submitting opt-out requests.
5. How We Use Your Information
How we use your information depends on which parts of our Site and of the Related Services you visit, whether you become a Registered User, whether you elect to receive specific services or information. We may use your Personal and Usage Information for the following reasons:
- To allow you to complete the account registration process;
- To authorize your access to portions of the Site that provide services you have selected;
- To help you locate information in our databases;
- To provide customer service, respond to inquiries and complaints, and to resolve service issues;
- To facilitate the licensing of your music by potential licensees;
- To facilitate the delivery of royalty statements and royalty payments;
- To simplify your experience on the Site;
- To make it easier and faster for you to log in or navigate the Site on future visits;
- To monitor the operation of the Site to make sure it works efficiently and smoothly;
- To analyze how the Site is used so we know which parts are especially popular or heavily visited; and
- To recommend new or different services to you.
If you are a Registered User, we may use your Personal Information for specific purposes described during the registration process or when you "opt in" to certain services or offers on the Site or in the Related Services--for example, to claim ownership, co-ownership, or control of music. We may also process your Personal Information, on our clients' behalf, so we may issue royalty statements and payments our clients are legally obligated to provide under their licenses with you.
We do not sell Personal Information, and have not sold Personal Information in the past 12 months. We will not share Personal Information you provide on this Site with third parties, except in limited circumstances. In the past 12 months we have disclosed for a business purpose internet/electronic activity to vendors, and identifiers, commercial information, and professional information to vendors, licensees, governmental entities, and rights administrators.
6. Your Controls and ChoicesI have a privacy-related request.
- b. California residents
- i. Consumer rights-- Pursuant to
the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"),
California consumers (as defined by the CCPA)
have the following rights:
- Right to Know - The right to request that we disclose:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we have collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Right to Request Deletion - The right to request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected about you, subject to applicable exceptions.
- Right to Opt-Out - The right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information, if applicable.
- Right to Non-Discrimination - The right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
- i. Consumer rights-- Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"), California consumers (as defined by the CCPA) have the following rights:
- ii. Verification of requests-- Consumers may exercise their Right to Know and Right to Request Deletion by submitting a verifiable request, either by clicking the "I have a privacy-related request" button at the top of this Section 6 and completing the Music Reports Privacy Request Form, or through either the email address or toll-free phone number listed in Section 2, above. Please note, if you are not a Registered User and do not complete the form in its entirety, or provide information sufficient to allow us to verify your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty, we may not be able to honor your request. You may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information twice per 12-month period. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. Consumers who wish to use an authorized agent to submit requests, unless the consumer has provided the authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, must (i) provide the authorized agent permission to do so, (ii) verify their own identity directly with us, and (iii) directly confirm with us that they provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
This Site and the Related Services are intended solely for business-to-business use. In keeping with the Terms and Conditions of Use, all users of this Site agree that they are at least 18 years old, or, if between the age of 13 and 17, inclusive, have obtained the consent of a person or guardian. We do not sell personal information, including information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and have registered with this Site or any of the Related Services, you may request and obtain removal of content or Personal Information you have submitted to us by writing to us at the address in Section 2 above. However, California law requires us to notify you that such a request does not ensure the complete removal of your Personal Information.
Protecting the security of your personal information is very important to us. Your online account information is protected by a password you establish. We make available an online facility to change your password and we recommend you do so. Access to that online account requires your username and password. We recommend that you do not disclose your username and password to any other person. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Whenever your information is transmitted from our servers, it is also is protected by industry standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. California residents: In the unlikely event our data security is breached, we will, without unreasonable delay, disclose the breach to residents of California whose personal information was, or is reasonably believed to have been, acquired by an unauthorized person, subject to the needs of law enforcement.
© 2022 Music Reports, Inc. All rights reserved.